Friday, October 27


Two days ago was Khalid's birthday!

And today ... *drums* ... is my birthday (0:

To be honest, birthdays do not mean parties and cakes for me, I don't find them very amusing since I can't convince myself that I'm but one day older than yesterday. To me, a birthday rather means a checkpoint in life...

Throughout the day of my birthday, I reflect on what have I done during the past year; I see birthdays as alarms, telling me that years are not moving-forward any slower. I evaluate how close have I got to achieve my goals in life, I consider how much have I modifiyed my goals.

I think that everyone should have that evaluation as the first thing in their to-do list when they first wake up, every morning. The Prophet Mohammed taught us "account yourselves (for the actions you do), before you are accounted (before the Lord in the final day)."

Today, I passed the first score of my life.

I'm not looking back now, but I'm very glad of where I currently am, and I am very optimistic with the soon to come.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Sponny said...

Happy Birthday Majed! Glad to see you're blogging again. Best wishes. :)
Sponny

Anonymous said...

happy birthday soos!
you are now older than me, once again
i hope you never grow out of being a soos though

-batta

Bruno said...

Likewise, best wishes from me too. I must remember your birthdays for next year!

Jay Dedman said...

im glad to have found your text blog. Im helping out at aliveinbaghdad.org, and think youre doing great work. Video is the new revolution to getting the real info out. Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happiest of birthdays. You have so much to give to the world.

Nadia said...

Happy Birthday Majed! And Happy Birthday to Khalid too!!!

Nessa said...

Happy Birthday. I know its late, sorry.
I saw you on Alive in Baghdad. It says you now live in Jordan, but your user profile on here says you are in Baghdad...which is right?
Anyway, interesting blog.

murid_aisha said...

Happy Birthday (i bit late) to you and your brother! How's school and all. Glad to see you blogging again.
Agreed, it's good to check on one's goals and advancements over the last year. Usually a great motivator.
Peace,
aisha

Majed Jarrar said...

Jennier, Sponny, Batta!! :0)))), Bruno, Jay Dedman, annonymous, Nadia, Nessa, Aisha!!

thanks alot everyone :0)

did anyone notice the new look of the site? well, not brand new, I just changed the colors :)

David said...

Majed,

I'm a new reader to your blog - finding it from aliveinbaghdad.org. Your writing is very good; in particular, what you wrote about birthdays being checkpoints and a time to evaluate life goals was fantastic. I feel the same way. Keep up the writing!


David
Sacramento,CA
United States